Thursday, October 25, 2007

Helping those in need - Southern California

Nann, a HeartStrings member put Debbi Kulick in touch with me. She is requesting quilts for children in Southern California affected by the fires.

She will be working through the Kids Need to be Kids program. Having just finished up our Purple Project, I'm hoping we will be able to help. If you would like to send quilts please email me at mmcjohnson@gmail.com for Debbi's address. Her request is below.

As you know, southern California is under siege with the fires. There are currently 13 fires burning, over 500,000 people have had to evacuate and they expect that number to rise to over 1 million.

At this time, I would like to ask that anyone who would like to donate quilts for the children, I will be glad to accept them and help get them distributed. The children have nothing and need something to help them be kids while Mom and Dad will be dealing with FEMA, insurance companies and everyone else trying to piece their lives back together. I plan to work with Kappa Delta Sorority and work with our Kids Need to be Kids program which began with Katrina.

We will be collecting toys and books for the children too, I would love to have quilts for them along with toys and books.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to thank you so much for the fantastic quilts you donated for the fire victims. They are absolutely wonderful, and will be loved for a long time by the recipients.

Debbi