Friday, January 30, 2009

Dawn's scrap quilting class

Earlier this week Dawn gave a talk about scrap quilting at a free community Library Quilt Show in Shelley, Idaho.During her talk, she also shared information about HeartStrings. Here is what she wrote to us:

They LOVED the heartstrings quilts. I gave them the link to join us,on my handout and told them about all of you. I told them all the great and easy ways that they could be a part of Heartstrings. Sue sent me three completely different quilts with different looks so that I could teach and quilt them for charity - they were really impressed with how wonderful the quilts looked.)

Dawn is a member of HeartStrings and a longarm quilter; she has an excellent quilting DVD (yes, you can quilt her designs on your domestic machine too) and I have used her designs on many of the HeartStrings quilts I've finished in the last year.

Thanks to Julia for sending me the photo and you can see a couple of Julia's recent string quilts on her blog.

2 comments:

Sharlyn said...

I was there! Although the camera just missed me :) Love, love Dawn, her enthusiasm is contagious. I hope to help with heartstrings in the future and am "favoriting" it now :) best wishes!

quiltsbylee said...

SO much inspiration. Thank you for sharing all these wonderful quilts.