Thursday, December 18, 2008

The giving season

At HeartStrings, we work on making and giving string quilts all year around but as I wandered through the HeartStrings blog ring today, I found several posts that I'd thought you'd enjoy reading.

Judy finished four comfort quilts for a family who lost 2 children in a fire.

Ruthie's guild made holiday placemats for Meals on Wheels.

Deb's been collecting hats and scarves for kids in Kosovo.

Nann made a donated a quilt for a fundraiser AND made one for a little boy being adopted.

Hanne finished a string star quilt that was mailed off to be donated to children with long term diseases.

Alycia showed off some of the pillowcases that have arrived from our Pillowcase Party over Thanksgiving weekend. They'll hold the Quilts of Valor that will be donated in May 2009.

JJ continues to make quilts to send to East Timor.

Pat made a Yellow Brick Road quilt that will be donated to a crisis center.

And I took 2 quilts with me on my trip to Virginia for the Angel Tree at Mom's church.

No comments: