Thursday, November 6, 2008

Save these dates

November 29 & 30

We're having a Pillowcase Party to make pillowcases in patriotic colors for Alycia's Quilt of Valor Project. The pillowcases are used to present the quilts to the wounded soldiers - you don't have to have patriotic fabrics....just use Red/White (or beige)/ Blue in any combinations.

Pillowcase instructions (no exposed seams - I like that!) from the website Operation Support for Deployed Military.

I made a few practice ones and took lots of photos so if the directions still seem fuzzy, take a look at the step by step photos and see if it's any easier.

As always, if you have a local charity feel free to work alongside us and donate your pillowcases to any organization you choose.

There will be door prizes so make sure you email me during the Party weekend to tell me you're sewing with us and I'll send you Alycia's mailing address.
Email Mary at mmcjohnson@gmail.com

No comments: