Sunday, April 15, 2007
She emailed "I found your website from a heartstrings logo on someone's blog, and thought the string quilt would make a great project. I cut the muslin squares and attached the center string (with one adjacent string, since they are stitched together) because I thought that was the only critical strip to have placed correctly. As it turned out, some of the people who came to Make A Blanket Day (a Project Linus event) could not really sew (one woman was the grateful mom of a blanket recipient), so I was glad I had started each block. Still, they did a GREAT job on the blocks!"
Cheri posted directions for making string blocks on their group blog and shared the HeartStrings quilt in progress with her members.
She recently emailed the above picture of the finished quilt and these photos of the Illini Country Stitchers work night at Sew Sassy where they were making another string quilt for Project Linus.
Posted by Mary Johnson at 1:02 PM